Monday, March 28, 2011

TRANSFER TIME AGAIN!

So this week went by really fast. This month DANG IT went by in 2 or 3 days it feels like. I remember in Togliatti the last week of the cycle went by ridiculously slow, but for some reason it didn't happen that way this time. Maybe because the Zone Leaders were here in Kazan. This city is new-ish to proselyting, so we don't have hardly any contact with the mission office and the other missionaries in our mission (besides the other companionship on the other side of the city).

I guess the biggest news is I got a transfer, so I only got to be here in Kazan for one cycle. It's sad to say goodbye but I kind of expected it that way. I'm going to Bezimansky area in Samara WOO HOO. I'm going to live in the apartment that we all stayed in during mission conference last December. We did a couple hours of contacting after the conference, so I've got a little feel for what the area's like already. Seems big and ghetto, just like Togliatti. JUST THE WAY I LIKE IT. And I'm not being sarcastic at all, to be honest. I loooooooove Togliatti, so I'm sure I'll loooooooove Samara. Anyways. Useless rants. By the way, I got a phonecall from the Zone Leaders this week, and once I answered they passed the phone over to LELIT!! I don't know if you remember, but back in Togliatti we had an investigator named Karin. His wife, Anna, and his two kids Arkadik and Lelit are all members, but he's not... Man I love that family too much, me and Elder Barton got really close. Anyways it was fun, I got to talk to each one of them. I really miss people like that. I'm going to miss lots of people from Kazan, too. This branch is superduper. There are a lot of younger people in this branch so it's always a ton of fun. That includes Mark, who you already know via Facebook. Anyhow. My new companion there in Samara is Elder Sweinston. I got to know him a little bit because he was serving there in Bezimansky way back in December. He's a really cool guy and we hit it off good. It's his last cycle, though, and Elder Kazakov says Sweinston's a bit trunky. I'll whip im inna shape. heh heh. It's gonna be lots of fun serving with him. Other than that, the only news is I'll be District Leader there (which doesn't mean much because the only other companionship in our district is Zone Leaders HAHA). Still, I'll have to interview baptismal candidates... kind of scary. That would be scary in english. But no worries. I've gotten more or less confident with Russian by now..... I hope..... in answer to your queshun, mom. Just sometimes it's difficult over the phone to tell what people are saying. The President of institute and seminaries in Eastern Europe flew in for a fireside this week, and they brought the Williams with them, a senior couple 2 weeks fresh from Utah. While he was teaching, they asked me to translate for them, and it was kind of fun. But I didn't do so great. Hyuk hyuk. Oh well, it worked out.

But what else... We met with a former investigator yesterday, Milya Uhsa. (P.S. that's not a normal Russian name, incase anyone was wondering. I bet it translates to Mary Ann in Tataren or something. Har harr) She came to church 8 months ago but stopped coming because she's muslim by tradition which means that her family is very against. But last week she said she wanted to make her own decision, so she came anyways. She says she's looking for her own spiritual experiences, so it was really awesome to teach someone so ready. I really felt like the Lord had been preparing her over the past few months, and the Spirit was really strong on the lesson. Elder Kazakov extended the baptismal commitment, and she accepted, so in a month she'll be baptised if everything goes as planned. It was an awesome lesson. We focused on the atonement because she doesn't have a christian background so we wanted to help her understand why it's important that Christ came to the earth. We read Alma 7:11-15 with her, and it felt really powerful to testify of Christ so simply. Good lesson.

Well I've already only got five minutes. How was St George?? I miss that, it was always fun going there in April every year (for 2 years only haha). By the way conference is coming up?!!!?? I'm still studying the old conference addresses. It's crazy that it's gone by so fast. Super crazy to think that I was already in the MTC last time it was conference. Mission's going by way too faaaaassssttttt. Anyways, good luck with everything! I'm excited to hear from all the kids. Meaning read their emails in a few minutes after I print them. (glad that seth sent me somethin'). by the way CALEB IS ME but younger. He listens to all sorts of gr8 music that is not going to make me miss it when I read about it..... awww... Tell him coffee isn't that great but that there's this drink here that tastes like coffee and I'll bring some home for him. It's legal with the Word of Wisdom. Hooray!

Well that's all the time! I love you guys a ton!! I pray about you all the time! keep on doing what yer doing LOOOOOVVVEEEE BYE.

ALEX

No comments:

Post a Comment