Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!

I'm not too sure how much time I've got to write, but not a ton... agh sorry I got carried away again. I read a lot of what you all wrote me (THEM'S SOME GOOD EMAILS FROM THE FAM). By the way AWESOME news about Christopher. That's such an amazing miracle, I was SO happy to hear about that. I've really been praying hard for the Blands. I know that must have been torture for them. I love that family!! I think I took cousins for granted, to be honest. It's gonna be way fun to see everyone when I get back, it was always fun to have everyone over. And next time, sam and Tyson will be back too, so it'll be errbody! Man those are the good days. Anyways, I just got a good email off the Mitch, as well, and it sounds like he's doing well. It was way fun to hear from him. thanks for passin' the word along, momma! P.S. in answer to your question yes I play piano all the time. Yesterday I got to play for sacrament meeting, which was awesome. (I played easter hymns that I'd never played before, but even though I haven't had practice in years it came really easy. It was a testimony for me of the Lord blessing us beyond our own talents and abilities to help his children. Really cool)
Anyways, Easter was fun. Russian style. It was kind of crazy, they treat it a little like Halloween. They say "Christ is risen!" the way you'd say trick or treat, and then people give you boiled eggs and gross cakes if you say it. So we decided to knock our own apartment complex and give out free dvds to kind of get to know our neighbors. It was good because even though half of the people weren't home, there were a couple people with families over for the holiday. It was good and we might be able to meet with them again. It was fun because one of our neighbors said "I know you guys live here and I was surprised you didn't come by earlier!" because he knows missionaries and our reputation from going door to door... haha. Other than that, there was a bunch of drunk people (to celebrate Christ's resurrection?) and we got threatened by a couple tipsy guys while contacting, but NO WORRIES. We're safe. Man it was such a blast.
We also had a Zone Conference this week, and splits. I got to conduct splits with the other elders in our district, and we got to apply all the stuff we learned at conference. I got to go with Elder Anderson and we ROCKED IT UP. It was one of the best and busiest days of my mission. Sad that he leaves in two weeks :( Anyways, the work is great and I've gotten settled into everything. I LOVE YOU GUYS i'm sorry I don't have more time! I hope you have an awesome week and I'll send more details next time. I can't wait to read the rest of what you wrote! Sorry this is a lame email!!!

ALEX

P.S. Seth probably is going to be better than me at longboarding.... AWWWWWW

No comments:

Post a Comment